Thursday, January 3, 2008

"The Transporter 2" partially rocked my world !


OR........... Interesting facts and moral values scraped from the toenail of a movie whose sweat I am not worthy to dry with a giant leafy fan. Starring Jason Statham as "The Transporter"

So often in life I come upon something so unexpectedly convenient to my current situation that its almost a crime not to indulge. That was when I walked in to use my computer to find my Brother watching the above titled movie. "Well now I have to wait" said I, and with nothing else on my plate for that moment I sat down to enjoy (is that expressive enough ? Marveled/Mezmerised maybe?) this cinematic gem. Now as I only caught the last 20 minutes of this movie I cant in all honesty say I that I am privy to its sweeping universal depth or its life altering vision, at least not wholly. But what I did see was at least as spiritually cleansing as say a pilgramidge to the Holy land. Anyway I learned alot as I think we all can and as a thank you to the great movie making gods in Hollywood I will herein summarise the deepest of the truths included in "The Transporter 2" for your convenience.

Lesson 1 : An airplane that has climbed to its highest possible altitude and then from that point plunged nose first into a large body of water ( lets say the ocean) will not be crushed into a small flat disc as I would have suspected. Instead it will dive approximately 10 feet where it will float nonchallantly while the contents of the plane (in this case people) ,who were not in the slightest injured, will escape where they will be greeted by several rescue boats waiting very close by.
What can we learn from this other than some interesting physics . Well for one, Life Is Good ! In fact its really really good. Nothing will hurt you! ( except the Transporter, but he only hurts people with swords) so worry is a waist of time. Live life to the fullest, crash an airplane into the ocean, or a mountain, or a friends house, its all good. I plan to. As soon as I go to 4 years of pilot school that is.

Lesson 2 : Im saving the rest of the lessons for tomorrow so I can let the full impact if you will, sink in if you will again.

Side note; for those of you not jumping sideways when you shoot a gun, youre doing it wrong. See the above poster for reference.

No comments: